Welcome to another edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance. I’m going to call this #464 since there was no carnival the past month. This also meant that I had to delete many submissions. I had to filter through to find the top ten articles from the past month. Let’s see what we have.
Did you realize that it’s warm outside? I have and I love it. I can’t get enough of summer. This is why I’m keeping this introduction brief today. Enjoy the articles and get out there.
Let’s jump into the top ten articles:
10. Mr. 4HWD from The Four Hour Work Day presents Will You Choose the Unlimited Upside?, and says, “When you go to work for someone else, you’re taking a pretty big gamble. It may seem counter-intuitive, given that being an employee means receiving a reliable paycheck on a regular basis. But if that paycheck is your only source of income, you could lose 100% of your earnings at any time for reasons far outside your control.”
9. Andrea from So Over This presents Could You Live on Minimum Wage?, and says, “Unless you’ve been living under a rock the past the year it’s hard to miss the ongoing debate over minimum wage!
8. Miss T. from Prairie Eco Thrifter presents What Money Advice Would You Give Yourself If You Could Go Back in Time, and says, “The money advice I would give a younger version of myself falls into two categories: “What were you thinking?” and “Why aren’t you doing THIS?”
7. Marissa from Finance Triggers presents 3 Ways to Ensure You Have Money Left in the Last Week of the Month, and says, “We all know that when we look in our bank accounts during the week approaching pay day, it is more than likely that a few moths will fly out.”
6. Alexa from Single Moms Income presents 4 Things I?m Doing to Save Money Right Now, and says, “My income has slowly increased over the last three or four months. So, you’d think that I’d have saved those extra few hundred dollars, right? Wrong.”
5. Oscar from Money is the Root presents Can your Personality Determine your Income?, and says, “Experts will tell you that, when it comes to earning money, the type of personality that you have definitely influences how much money you will earn, save and/or put towards retirement.”
4. Larry from KrantCents presents What you can learn from the HENRYs!, and says, “What are HENRYs? They are High Earners Not Rich Yet (earn $100-250k annually).”
3. Jack from Money Saving Ethics presents Taking the Leap: When is it Time to Ditch the Lease?, and says, “This past decade has paved the way for some very big changes in the housing market, making it both harder to find a home and easier to get financed for one.”
2. Maria from The Money Principle presents Personal Wealth versus Mental Health: working from home, and says, “Working from home and freelancing is the way of the economy today. How do wealth and mental health weigh in the balance?”
1. Monica from Monica On Money presents You Don’t Have To Be A Superhero To Become Debt Free, and says, “Sometimes, I feel like I need to be a SUPERHERO to make it all happen.”